Atlanta Community Ministry - Habitat for Humanity
Get Your Work Gloves Ready!
Join us for the 151st Peachtree Habitat Build and be a hard hat hero!
This year, for our 151st home we are building an entire house in 1 week…
April 25 – May 2
(no build on April 26)
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day
The build schedule will look something like this:
Day 1 - April 25
: Floor decking and joists, raise walls, paint foundation, start porch
Day 2 - April 27
: Install trusses, deck and felt roof, install windows, interior framing
Day 3 - April 28
: Shingle roof, insulate walls and ceiling, siding and caulking
Day 4 - April 29
: Finish siding and caulking, interior and exterior painting
Day 5 - April 30
: More painting, interior trim, cabinets and countertops, soffit and fascia
Day 6 - May 1
: More painting, finish soffit and fascia, finish porch
Day 7 - May 2
: Install hardware, clean house interior, landscape, finish projects, DEDICATION
Please plan to be on-site promptly at 8am and plan to work through 4pm. Habitat for Humanity depends on their volunteers to work a full day in order to plan their build schedule accordingly. Also, please note that Habitat's construction policy states that due to safety concerns "no one under the age of 16 is allowed on site."
Volunteers ages 16 and 17 are welcome, but will be excluded from certain activities, and must have a parent or guardian sign their Release and Waiver of Liability. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
SIGN-UP HERE » Habitat for Humanity signup
- Click Register. Each volunteer will be asked to create a username and password.
- Enter code: PPC
- The next screen should say, Peachtree Presbyterian Church.
- Input your contact information.
- Click Sign Up button and select the day(s) you want to serve.
- Click Sign Out when complete. You will receive an email confirmation with links for the Atlanta Habitat background information, Rules to Build By, the Volunteer Release & Waiver, and directions to the build site.
Questions? Contact Ginny Nickles at firstname.lastname@example.org